EC Council – Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator (CHFI) – Course
The Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator (CHFI) course delivers the security discipline of digital forensics from a vendor-neutral perspective. CHFI is a comprehensive course covering major forensic investigation scenarios and enabling students to acquire necessary hands-on experience with various forensic investigation techniques and standard forensic tools necessary to successfully carry out a computer forensic investigation leading to the prosecution of perpetrators.
The CHFI certification gives participants (Law enforcement personnel, system administrators, security officers, defense and military personnel, legal professionals, bankers, security professionals, and anyone who is concerned about the integrity of the network infrastructure.) the necessary skills to perform an effective digital forensics investigation.
CHFI presents a methodological approach to computer forensics including searching and seizing, chain-of-custody, acquisition, preservation, analysis and reporting of digital evidence.
Additional Course Information:
- The course was designed and developed by experienced SMEs and digital forensics practitioners
- A complete vendor neutral course covering all major forensics investigations technologies and solutions
- Detailed labs for hands-on learning experience; approximately 50% of training time is dedicated to labs
- It covers all the relevant knowledge-bases and skills to meets with regulatory compliance standards such as ISO 27001, PCI DSS, SOX, HIPPA, etc
- The program presents a repeatable forensics investigation methodology required from a versatile digital forensic professional which increases your employability
What you will Learn
- Establish threat intelligence and key learning points to support pro-active profiling and scenario modeling
- Perform anti-forensic methods detection
- Perform post-intrusion analysis of electronic and digital media to determine the who, where, what, when, and how the intrusion occurred
- Extract and analyze of logs from various devices like proxy, firewall, IPS, IDS, Desktop, laptop, servers, SIM tool, router, firewall, switches AD server, DHCP logs, Access Control Logs & conclude as part of investigation process.
- Identify & check the possible source / incident origin.
- Recover deleted files and partitions in Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux
- Conduct reverse engineering for known and suspected malware files
- Collect data using forensic technology methods in accordance with evidence handling procedures, including collection of hard copy and electronic documents
Live Online – Mar 07 – 11, 2022, Live Online (Evening Sessions) – Mar 28 – Apr 29, 2022, Live Online – Jun 06 – 10, 2022, Live Online (Evening Sessions) – Sep 13 – Oct 13, 2022, Live Online – Oct 02 – 05, 2022, Live Online – Dec 05 – 09, 2022